We are back accepting orders again! order now to get your custom made in 2-4 weeks.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Metal Cooler Dragon Ball Z Custom 500th custom SH Figuarts クウラ













It has take its time, but here it is, my 500th custom! I (of course) wanted to do something special for such a landmark in a customizer's career, and it took a long time for me to decide what could be that something so special. The opportunity appeared as a chroming powder I bought months ago and arrived just in time. Now I was sure; it would be a chromey custom that will be ultra-durable and ultra-poseable!

After -again- looking at various characters, I decided for Metal Cooler (bad luck for Silver Sable), the movie villain of Dragon Ball Z and brother of Freezer, in the metal form he returned with in the OVA "The Return of Coola". The base figure was Toyman DCUC (I think, there wasn't much left of him when I started) as it is slimer than a regular DCUC (which is my standard for normal superhero-villain). The hands were took from a Myth Cloth figure. One of the important parts of the custom (and surely, the most difficult) was making a tail. I didn't know what to use, as I didn't know of any that suited the purpose, and in the end I used a ball joint from Punisher and the made a solid one, so it has a good deal of movement and still looks good when posing.

I had to sculpt nearly all the surface of the figure, and of course, I made the head from zero too. The shoulder pad have a mechanism so it doesn't bother him for the movement.

For the chroming, I first applied a black coat of gloss Tamiya, then the chroming powder, gloss varnish, then Tamiya clear blue + green, then more chroming powder, and then more varnish. It is a bit darker than the original, but it gives a very nice gloss metal finish. 

I take the opportunity all the people that has left comments and feedback in this blog and everywhere ;) .

No comments:

Post a Comment