We are back accepting orders again! order now to get your custom made in 2-4 weeks.

Sunday, May 15, 2022

the Absorbing Man - Dazzle Power glow in the dark 12 inch - custom 900th! Custom Figure

Here it is! at long last! after much work and efforts, I have mastered the glow in the dark paint in convincing manner! such a feat had to be celebrated, and I decided to make it my custom 900th. At first, many years ago, I thought of doing this custom standard, but I later saw how cool it would be to have it glow in the dark. But I couldn't manage to find a suitable fine, transparent and strong glow in the dark paint, so it got shelved for years on end. But I managed to acquire some 40 year old pot of paint which did the trick! Based on the iconic, even if obscure issue of the Dazzler, where Absorbing Man absorbs Dazzler's mutant augmented ray, and hence he becomes a giant, fuelled by Reed Richards amplifier of Dazzler's power, in form of a tape player. Such extravaganza of science fiction had to be celebrated with a fitting custom figure. Rey Mysterio's Maximum Aggression 12 inches figure looked a unusable figure for any good purpose, but after reading this comic I knew what to do. Not many giants wear long wide jeans! I sculpted it profusely to get the best likeness, made a watch as extra, took chain from a spawn figure, ball from a ping pong ball, tape player made in molten plastic, and painted in fine colour degradations to match the comic's look (inside the pages he is depicted fully green, hence it was perfect the glow in the dark effect). I dedicate this custom to my cousin which sadly passed away last week. May he rest in heaven. Hope you like it, and see you in the custom 1000th ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment